|Climate Change/Behavior Change
The 2015 MEEA Conference
March 24, 2016 ♦ Colby College ♦ Waterville Maine
CALLING FOR WORKSHOPS AND VOLUNTEERS
We are looking for thought-provoking presentations for MEEA's 2016 Conference: Climate Change/Behavior Change. We are also recruiting volunteers to help review proposals and select the best possible workshops for the conference. Help is needed too in organizing the conference and staffing the event.
The conference will highlight environmental education program successes that focus on climate change, especially at a school or community level. Equally vital will be presentations that illuminate program strategies that have been shown to effect change in behavior and attitudes.
Among the possible topics for workshops are:
- Climate change education in K-12 Settings
- Climate change and community action
- Environmental psychology
- Strategies for achieving behavior change
- The current science of climate change in Maine and New England
- What can we do here in Maine about climate change?
- Empowering youth for action and leadership
- Climate change education in parks, reserves, sanctuaries and land trusts
- Other topics and presentations that show successes in environmental literacy, collaborative programs, youth engagement, and many others.